Centre for Sexuality is a nationally recognized, community-based organization delivering programs and services that work to normalize sexuality and sexual health across the lifespan. We have been leading the way in the areas of sexuality, healthy relationships, human rights, gender identity, sexual orientation, equality and consent for more than 40 years in the Calgary community.
The Centre for Sexuality aims to normalize sexual health in Alberta by providing evidence-informed, non-judgmental sexual and reproductive health programs and services.
All Albertans experience healthy sexuality across the lifespan.
The Centre for Sexuality focuses on three areas: Healthy Bodies, Healthy Relationships and Healthy Communities.
When we understand our bodies, we take care of them, feel good about them, and make good decisions about our sexual health.
- Women who have experienced sexual trauma reclaim healthy sexuality for themselves.
- Youth in junior and senior high schools learn about their bodies’ growth and development and how to prevent unplanned pregnancies and STIs.
- Older adults rediscover their sexual side and learn how to stay safe and healthy.
Our emphasis on healthy relationships means that our programs have an impact on the issues of bullying, homophobia, and violence prevention, just to name a few.
- Junior high boys challenge masculine roles in the WiseGuyz program.
- Parents learn how to talk to their kids about sexuality and healthy relationships.
We work with various communities and train nurses, doctors, social workers and other professionals to talk about healthy sexuality with the people they work with.