The Centre for Sexuality has the knowledge and expertise to be a valuable resource for businesses as they navigate sexuality and sexual identity issues in the workplace.
We give professionals, service providers, parents, and community groups the tools and knowledge to respond to people who have sexual health questions. Our experienced facilitators lead interactive and engaging workshops focused on normalizing sexuality.
Who we are
We are experts on topics of sexual health, sexuality, and gender identity. Nationally recognized. Community-based.
The Centre for Sexuality has been building trust in Calgary’s 2SLGBTQ+ community since 1972. Members of our team are experts in managing issues related to gender identity, 2SLGBTQ+ rights, sexual orientation, equality, sexuality, healthy relationships, and consent. Our mandate is to use that expertise to build and deliver meaningful programs that change lives.
What you get
The Centre’s work is entirely evidence-based and measurement-driven. That allows us to deliver outcomes that are grounded in data, through our approach that can be customized to meet the needs of your team or organization.
The Centre for Sexuality has the knowledge and expertise to be a valuable resource as you navigate sexuality and sexual identity issues in the workplace. Through our consulting, organizational audits, and training, we’ll equip you and your team with
- The correct terms and definitions that relate to sexual and gender diversity.
- Current national and provincial human rights laws on sexual orientation and gender diversity.
- Company policies and practices that support inclusion of sexual and gender diversity.
- An understanding of why workplaces thrive when they’re inclusive and when everyone feels safe to bring their whole selves to work.
- Can identify the impact of negative stereotypes, feelings, and attitudes toward the 2SLGBTQ+ communities.
- Challenge personal beliefs, attitudes, and feelings that may hinder respectful relationships with 2SLGBTQ+ coworkers.
- To support 2SLGBTQ+ colleagues.
- To support all employees on sexual and gender diversity inclusion initiatives and issues.
- To increase understanding and acceptance of diverse values and traditions among staff and colleagues.
Travel & Fees
Fees range based on the length of the workshop and the number of participants. Please contact us for information.
We are based in Calgary but can travel to wherever your staff group is located. Additional fees may be applicable based on travel distance.