What do we do?
We offer programs and services for youth, parents, professionals and the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We teach, train and advocate to support healthy bodies, healthy relationships and healthy communities.
- For over a decade, we have hosted Camp fYrefly, a camp for 2SLGBTQ+ youth that campers and volunteers alike describe as life-changing. With the increase in hatred and violence against the 2SLGBTQ+ community, often focused on transgender youth, Camp fYrefly is more important than ever. The young people served by this program are desperate for a safe place where they can be their true selves and find community.
- We have been delivering Relationship and Sexual Health Education in Calgary and southern Alberta since 1975, following best practices and established frameworks for sexual health, relationship and violence prevention education.
- Since 2009, our Training Centre has offered a range of workshops tailored for professionals in all sectors. We give professionals, service providers and community groups the tools and knowledge to create safe and inclusive environments for staff and clients.
Why support us?
Your donation means that:
- A teenager gets to go to Camp fYrefly regardless of their financial situation
- A junior high boy learns what consent really means
- A parent feels confident talking to her teenager about healthy relationships and sexuality
- A teen boy feels like his school is a safe place to come out as gay and be himself
- A social worker gets the training he needs to answer his clients’ tough questions about sexuality
Give today and help us continue this critical work.
Tax receipts are provided for donations of $10 or more.